Monday, May 18, 2009

Letter to Supporters

Hello! It is the day before the election and I've had a chance to reflect on the last six months. Last night, I sent this email out to my supporters which I share on the blog in an attempt to make clear my message. Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions that you might have. I'll be checking email late tonight and getting back to you!

Thank you!

Dear Supporters,

I want to express my sincere appreciation for your time and effort on behalf of my campaign. Your support and friendship have meant a great deal to me throughout this process. As many of you are aware, the election is Tuesday and I would like to take a moment to reiterate why I am running for Gilbert Town Council.

This is a critical time for our town. I have based my campaign on three principles that I believe will sustain Gilbert families both now and in the future.

Fiscal Responsibility
Due to massive debt and overspending in both the private and public sector, it is imperative that we not allow Gilbert to fall into a cycle of spending more than we have. Tax dollars should first pay for essential services including police, fire, streets and water. Many moved to Gilbert for a certain quality of life that we want to see maintained. We must cut frivolous spending and create priorities in our community. This can be done by eliminating waste and a line by line analysis of the budget so that the taxpayers of Gilbert know that their money is being spent in the most responsible way possible.

Economic Growth

Gilbert is a town with tremendous potential for growth particularly in the area of commercial development. In order to successfully draw businesses to Gilbert, we must streamline processes and enhance the image of Gilbert in the business realm. This is accomplished by marketing Gilbert effectively, making it easier for businesses to thrive here and ultimately becoming a help to business rather than a hindrance.

Communication

In order for government to function properly, it is necessary for elected officials to communicate effectively with the citizens, employees, neighboring communities and businesses. My communication skills will help the town function effectively, draw new people and businesses and engage the families of Gilbert. Quality communication is essential to Gilbert’s ability to thrive now and in the future.

Your vote in this election matters. We need a leader who will represent the best interests of Gilbert. I have the skills and qualities that are necessary to lead Gilbert into the future and to continue to create a place where families are successful.

Once again, I appreciate your support and would ask that you encourage others to vote for me, Jenn Daniels, on Tuesday.

All the best,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment